Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good Marketing Practices at AZ Wine Festival

Today I attended the AZ Wine Festival in Tempe. I tasted some great wines and had great conversations with the wine-makers at their booths. It was a lot of fun, and as usual, all the wines were excellent. (And they pair well with chocolate...I tested them. More on that later).

First off, great job everyone! The place was packed! Lots of people attended and tasted.


I also took a moment to look for some interesting methods for generating business. Here are a few that I liked that I thought I'd share.



  • Good generator of follow-up business: Jerome Winery handed out business cards and said: “Bring it to the winery, get a free gift”.(Notice: it's written on the card. Makes it easy to remember). http://www.jeromewinery.com/




  • Good joint venture idea: Kokopelli Winery had a handout: Sphinx Ranch Gourmet Gift Market offering 10% off Kokopelli wines. http://www.kokopelliwinery.net/





Great job everyone! The festival was jam-packed!

And for good reason, too....all of the wines are excellent. I really like Arizona wines because they run the gambit from light-bodied-easy-to-sip-on-a-summer-day to full-bodied-goes-great-with-grilled-steak, which means no matter what I'm eating or doing, I can grab the perfect bottle of wine. It's diversity like that that's putting AZ wines on the map.


No comments:

Post a Comment